Monday, May 26, 2014

Ring a round the ocean floor.

Hey Beautiful ones,
Sorry it's been awhile since I last posted but a lot has happen for our little family, yes very positive! 
We are now living in sunny California amongst family and new awesome crafty friends. Miss my Oregon Family but we will visit each other soon. 

I will post another time about our move and new relationship with California.


Ring a round the ocean floor bracelet.

This 9 1/2 inches upcycled vintage bracelet is created from 9 inches of antique silver link chain, that was taken from a mulit strand antique silver link necklace. 22 aqua crystals recovered from broken crystal necklace. 2 antique silver conch seashell, 1 double side charm "Love Much" and "Laugh often", set of silver wings and antique silver anchor centering this bracelet. 

9 1/2 inches from clasp to link.


Better close up bracelet and my new toasted California tan. 






The inspiration for this piece came from a blog post by the asweome Jaderbomb .

http://jaderbomb.com/2013/06/05/12-months-of-martha-diy-ring-around-the-rosie-bracelet/



I have been making jewelry since my late teen but her tutorial is very well written that a newbie could make their version. 

If you are like me don't be hard on yourself if you are not happy with whatever you make from a DIY tutorial. I have learned when I am not happy with a piece it could just need a little Aurora sprinkled on it.

This is a picture of what I did before I added the charms.

Hubby actual loved the plain version the best. He with the lavish taste sometimes falls in love with simplicity. He would love to see me replicate the tutorial in a necklace.


Well it's Memorial Day and I need to be present with my family. So go spread Love and Light while you Live Wild and Live Loud. (Ryan Cruz <3)


I go sending you Love and Light!

Aurora
The Crafty Owl Mama




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
Love to hear your thoughts.
Love & Light is what we promote
so please no hateful inappropriate comments.
You will be reported and blocked.