Friday, May 17, 2013

Mami's sweet honey treats

Today is Friday and that means its "Mami's sweet honey treats," 


I am using a 1.5 liter water bottle.
My Mami Ann was the eye ball Queen , which means I guesstimate everything.

In my 1.5 liter water bottle I added 

1cup sliced strawberries (fresh) 
Half a lemon
7 basil leaves chopped
A pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of Organic Honey

Growing up in the Bay Area , hot summers meant Miss Ann ( that is what all the neighbors called her) was concocting something scrumptious in the kitchen. Here on Crafty Owl Mama Escapades I plan to share every Friday one of her recipes. Miss Ann adopted me at birth and we had a very complex relationship that turn to true understanding and respect towards the end of her life in 2001. She instilled in me a wealth of cooking and baking recipes. She also instilled a since of community sharing as well.

If Miss Ann was cooking then the neighbors were coming over. I can recall feuding neighbors coming together for one of her cookouts. No one left empty handed or wanting! I am working on being in a community that I can bring this sharing to it. 

During the spring I start drinking this daily and yes my waist shrinks and my skin glow. Could be the drink or could just be a 1.5 liter of water that really flushes my system. The weight loss could also be contributed to the many trips to the bathroom, but whatever it is it works for me. Also it brings pleasant  memories of a Great Lady whom I miss with all my heart. 

Lemons: help with digestion and aid in fighting wrinkles (hello!?)

Strawberries: dietary fiber helps with digestion, lowers blood pressure, helps overeating, anti-inflammatory

Limes: skin care, digestion, constipation, weight loss, gout

Basil:  stress reliever, clearing your skin 

Try some it is a great alternative to soda!

Happy Friday my crafties and check out our Pay-it-forward giveaway! Deadline is next Thursday at 6pm.

All details of the contest: 
Maferfun  Shango! Today Shango also reminded me that my favorite thing is to spread love and light. So on that Note I would like to announce our first pay-it-forward giveaway!

 The winner of this giveaway can pay-it-forward to someone in their life that needs some love and light and they will get matching prize of necklace and earrings. 

To win you have to like our MerPrince Closet Facebook page, follow our IG CraftyOwlMama, follow our twitter @AuroraSaraD, follow on Vine @MerPrinceCloset and Pinterest @craftyowlmama. Repost the IG "giveaway post" with hashtag #spreadloveandlight #merprincecloset and tag @craftyowlmama & @hmdanielv. Each follow gets your a chance to win. Do them all and get 6 chances! I will announce winner next Thursday at 6pm! #maferefunshango #shango #handemadebusiness #mexiricanmade #igmixheritagefamilybuisness #earrings #necklace #giveaway #spreadloveandlight #merprincecollection #merprincecloset" 


Stay tune & stay crafty!
AuroraSara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
Love to hear your thoughts.
Love & Light is what we promote
so please no hateful inappropriate comments.
You will be reported and blocked.